Thursday, September 8, 2011

lost in translation

Lovey and Sam


So a lady asked me the other day if Sam was speaking a different language.  I politely smiled and said "no" while thinking only if you consider two-year-old a different language.  Granted, I frequently need to work as an interpreter on Sam's behalf, but come on lady with a four-ish year old child of your own, you can't recognize toddler babble when you hear it?  Maybe her child came out of the womb speaking fluent English.  Or maybe I'm looking at this all wrong, maybe she thought Sam and I looked particularly sophisticated and assumed we were fluent in multiple languages {not including two-year-old}.  Sometimes when he really gets going he does have the tendency to get some guttural sounds going on, which could potentially sound a bit German...  I should have said "Ja".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!