Friday, October 21, 2011

fashion friday: cinderella story


Sweater: Target, Shirt: Forever 21, Belt: Vintage {my mama's}, Jeans: Gap, Shoes: Banana Republic

Let me tell you about these jeans.  I love these jeans and so does Jon {subconsciously}.  When I first brought them home, I of course had to model them for him.  His first comment, "those are the biggest legs I have ever seen.  Are you sure people are wearing those?"  Umm... only the cool people.

Regardless of his dislike, I kept them, because true love is not deterred by naysayers.

I came home from class a few days later and the first comment out of Jon's mouth was something along the lines of, "Woah, sexy mama!".  Then he realized I was wearing my new jeans.  This exact same scenario played out on three separate occasions over the next few weeks.  After subconsciously loving my jeans for weeks, he was finally able to make the transition to a conscious acceptance of his love.

And we all lived happily ever after.  {I mean, after all, if this is not a Cinderella story, I don't know what is.  I'm in talks with the Hallmark channel as we speak.}

9 comments:

  1. i have those exact jeans. and they're my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it's coincidence, but I visit your blog for the first day today, and the outfit I just posted is almost exactly the same as this one! Great minds think alike they say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice outfit,
    http://mwanwan.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly me oh my! your husband is right. THOSE are the biggest legs ever. And it's also the coolest thing ever. Can we switch lives for a day?

    xoxox
    Lula

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those stripes so darling!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah best fairytale I've read in a long time =) I think you look hot in those pants too, and the pink + stripe top combo is super cute!

    xox Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very simple and chic outfit. Lovely blog, if you want visit my blog and let me know if you want to follow and I will follow back

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVELY outfit! I love the top, I see this kind everywhere at the moment, maybe I should get one :)
    x
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute

    dallas
    http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!