Friday, November 4, 2011

fashion friday: faux

 
Shirt: H&M, Sweater: Target, Faux fur stole: H&M, Jeans: thrifted, Shoes: JC Penney

You are looking at a real life card-carrying gym member.  That's right folks.  Don't I look fitter already?  Please don't answer that.  I have never been a gym member outside of school fitness centers and now I feel kinda fancy.  This lady spends too much time sitting in a chair working on her homework and browsing pinterest.  So when I came across a great deal at our local gym I had to jump on it.  Okay, more like peel my bum out of my chair and into my vehicle to drive to the gym to sign up.  Baby steps people.

In all seriousness though, I'm really looking forward to it.  At night, after Sam's all tucked into bed and Jon's studying, I can slip out and spend some time just focusing on me.  Sound kinda selfish?  Maybe, but my fellow mamas out there know what I'm talking about.

Speaking of mamas, my mama bought me this fur stole for Christmas {she just doesn't know it yet}.  Thanks Mom!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by the other day Christine! Oh I love the faux shawl and the leopard shoes. I definitely don't think that sneaking an hour for me time is selfish. You'll be a better momma because you'll have energy to to chase Sam around. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shawl, i think its just the right amt of fur. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this Mama is totally with you - as soon as my hubby steps in the door - i race out to the gym - not because i'm an excercise-freak but because it means i have an hour to myself on a treadmill with no kids screeching at me and no jobs to do and i can zone out for a bit... and btw, your outfit is adorable, you are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I'm not a mom but I think we should all have some alone-time. Especially when you are a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Props to the gym thing! I never thought of myself as a gym person (because I used to hate exercising) BUT I'm actually kind of lovin' it now. Lovin' those three bracelets by the way!


    kiss to ya!
    Lula

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your shoes. And yesss... I'd say you look rather fit

    ReplyDelete
  7. work out classes at gyms are amazing and make you work 10 times harder than you would've on your own! if you get the chance, try one! and I don't think it's selfish at all - focusing on yourself and making yourself feel better will only make you a better mama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your support! You're all so sweet. And I think you're right, everybody {not just mamas} should set a little time aside for "me time".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yayyy, you still got it! (With the German I mean) It's cool that you still understand it! Jetzt kann ich immer kommentare in deutsch machen :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are so cute, and you look so good! I like this post!
    Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

    Don’t forget to enter the ZELEB giveaway on my blog!!
    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adorable, love the side braid and the fur stole! Thanks for commenting on my blog dear! Im following you, do follow me if you like my blog too :)

    www.superclementina.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i do something similar every thurs. called {Mod Mama Fashion Attempts}. how cool! i love your looks. cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!