Monday, November 21, 2011

the uniform

I had to temporarily boycott my computer for the last few days.  My term paper and project were due at the end of last week and by the time that was done I just felt 0% like typing even one. more. word.  But now I'm back {hooray!}, glad that's over.

The pictures above depict the most exciting outing of the week:  the first trip to our new {to us} local public library.  Picking out truck books, glaring at children who tried to sneak a peak at said truck books, running down the isles, playing with puppets, signing up for our new library card; I think it'd be safe to say that fun times were had by all.

The rest of the week was uneventful.  I wore "the uniform" all week.  Sounds pretty legit, eh?  My college roommates dubbed it that.  I'd put on my most comfy sweat pants, my biggest sweatshirt & favorite slippers, and would not take them off until all my term papers were completed.  I wrote in them, slept in them, ate in them, showered in them {okay, who am I kidding, there was no showering}.  As soon as my roommates saw the uniform, they knew I meant bidness.  The best part was that it really was not intentional, I was oblivious to "the uniform's" existence until they called me out on it.  Let me tell ya, I was not a pretty sight.  But that's what friends are for.

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing i love more than seeing kids at the library! Kids reading makes me so happy! Thanks~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!