Friday, January 6, 2012

30 for 30


I decided I'm just going to go for it.  I've been hemming and hawing over it for the last month or so and I decided to just do it, a 30 for 30 challenge.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with this term, this simply means that I've chosen 30 articles of clothing (includes tops, bottoms, & shoes--belts and scarves are freebies) and for the next 30 days, will only wear those items.  The whole point of this challenge is to force myself to remix these clothes in ways I normally do not and to view my closet in a new way.  So instead of fawning over clothes I wish I had, I'll focus on making the most of what I've got.  What does this mean for you?  You will be forced to see said outfits over the next 30 days.  Actually, it'll be spread out a little longer than that because the couple of days a week that I'm at the hospital I will not be getting dressed outside of wearing my green scrubs, and there is no need to document me dressed like a green bean.

Please accept my apologies in advance in the event that I end up wearing the exact same outfit for the last 20 days...

6 comments:

  1. That is one of the best Ideas I've heard. I need to do this. I buy stuff, don't wear it, and then the next season rolls around and I've never even worn something. Thanks for sharing your idea! Glad I followed your blog, love your posts!

    xo. A Southern Bee Diary

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you're doing this! I've also been considering it for a while except that I'm dressed in scrubs/sweats too many of the days... hehe. I look forward to seeing your creativity and I may do the same after some more contemplation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that's a challenge! can't wait to see how you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exciting! Have fun!
    I was always scared to try the 30x30 because I felt like it was a 30 days straight commitment which I couldn't do. But I could very well just come with 30 outfits with 30 items without worrying too much about the days. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you've done here! SO much...that I gave you one of my Liebster Awards! Hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!