Friday, January 27, 2012

it's a dangerous world out there

 
shirt: H&M, sweater, belt & dress: Target, shoes: Report, bag: gift
It was a glorious sunny day yesterday, so rather than let it go to waste, we went for a little walk.  Sam in his stroller, excitedly pointing out the tram, trucks, and buses.  Jon and I happily chatting.  And Lucy, little seven pound 12 inch tall Lucy, didn't bark at a single soul {a true miracle}.

 After walking for about 20 minutes, Lucy starts sneezing.  I look down to see what's causing the problem and see a little half inch twig stuck on her nose.  I try to brush it off but it doesn't budge.  "Oh my gosh Jon, it's stuck in her nose!"  Jon bends down to examine the situation and I hold her head still as he extracts the twig.  The twig just kept coming and coming until five inches later, it was finally was out.  Five stinkin' inches!  Can you even believe that?  That stick must have just been at the perfect angle in order to slide that effortlessly up her nose.  It seriously probably passed all the way through her nostril and was starting to go down her throat.  Poor dog.  She's fine though and honestly it must not have been that horrific of an experience for her because while she usually has quite the flare for the dramatic, all she did was sneeze.

The world can sure be a dangerous place when you live your whole life one foot off the ground.


8 comments:

  1. adorable doxie! i have one too, his name is fritz! they are the best dogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy and funny at the same time! I am glad she is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit! Definitely my style

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE!! (: thanks for commenting on my blogg!! im now following you.. follow me back?! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Poor Lucy! I'm sure Jon's extracting ability will come in handy in his medical career!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poot little doggy!!!
    I love your outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!