Wednesday, January 4, 2012

new toy

 ohmygoshlookatmynewtoy!  My very own DSLR!  Merry belated Christmas to me!!  This has been at the top of my wishlist FOREVER.  And now its mine, my precious...  Uh, sorry about that, we had a Lord of the Rings marathon this past weekend in preparation for "The Hobbit" coming out soon.  Ahh yes, why this last weekend was New Years, you are very astute my friend.  And now I'm ashamed that you all know I spent New Years watching 9 hours of LOTR.  Probably the biggest nerd moment of my life.  Okay, that's not even remotely true.  Everyday of my life grades 7-9 would whoop this past weekend's butt in nerdiness any ol' day.  Can you believe that when Sam was three months old, somebody told me he looked like Smeagol?  Not very nice.  On that same note, Jon and I couldn't help but notice the substantial differences between Legolas and his second cousin twice removed, Buddy the Elf.  I guess that's what happens when your childhood is spent at the North Pole rather than Middle Earth.  Oh my gosh Christine, please stop talking about LOTR!

Seriously though, I am beyond thrilled with our new camera!  Jon was sweet enough to contribute some of his own Christmas money and his own budget money to make my dreams come true.  My very own prince charming. 

10 comments:

  1. Ohhh fancy! Congratulations on the DSLR! You're going to have to much fun with it... and watching LOTR on new years is nothing to be ashamed of! You're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awesome! i def. watched LOTR on Christmas Eve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the new camera!!! You'll love it! And... great depth of field with the pic of Sam. Also... Andrew and I watched some LOTR a few weeks ago- you're not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I got my first DSLR it changed my life at the first picture I took.


    Thanks fir your lovely comment!


    WWW.STAYYOUNGFOREVER.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I got my first DSLR it changed my life at the first picture I took.


    Thanks fir your lovely comment!


    WWW.STAYYOUNGFOREVER.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw COngrats !! You will love it ! I hope you have so much fun playing with it !

    XO. A Southern Bee Diary

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats !!!i got mine last christmas and still love it just as much ....i dont think there has been more than a day gone by where i havent used it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats sooo exciting! such a fun new toy! i'm saving for one myself actually...i've been dreaming of it for a couple of years now.

    p.s. over the holidays my Bf and I totally watched all the LOTR movies! not all in one day mind you...but all in one week...i'd never seen them all and he insisted. it was quality couch time together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo Hoo! Love your new DSLR. Have fun taking pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! I'm so excited! And thanks for sharing your LOTR love too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!