Wednesday, February 15, 2012

a little nudge

 
blazer: Gap, shirt: rhapsody, leggings: Target, boots: Famous Footwear, necklace: Forever 21 {gift}

I finally made it back to the gym for the first time since before Christmas.  Yikes.  You know how when you get out of your routine and it's so hard to get back again?  Before Christmas break, I was loving hittin' up the gym a few times a week after Sam was in bed and just walking my bum off {both literally and figuratively} while catching up on some of my favorite shows.  But then we went out of town, and then school started, and things got busy again, and then I had projects I wanted to do, and then I was too tired, and then I had homework assignments, and then I had important things to do on pinterest, and then I had a million other excuses of why I shouldn't go to the gym.

And then Jon came home a couple of nights ago, took Sam and said, "Go, I got this".  So I did.  And it was wonderful to get back and stretch and move and sweat again.

Thanks Jon, for giving me the nudge I needed and for sometimes knowing me better than I know myself.

3 comments:

  1. it really is so difficult to get back into the swing of going to the gym when you take a little break. i know it is for me!

    love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so refreshing to just get some workout time! Glad you have a sweet hubby to take over the reigns for you to have this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cute braid :) AND YES. I totally agree. At the moment, I feel like I'm wading in half-dried cement just to get into our gym. Hubby and I are slowly encouraging each other, and I guess it helps that Zumba is downright fun :) Here's to lots of sweating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!