Wednesday, February 29, 2012

recap

And here they are in all their glory, 30 articles of clothing made into 30 different outfits.

I would like to give a special shout out to my part-time photog & outfit critiquer, Jon.  He once saved you all from seeing an outfit which he likened to a "Robinhood costume".  You should all thank him.  He also informed me I wear my boots to much.  Probs true, but unlikely to change.  Thanks are also in order for my two biggest photo-bombers, Sam & Lucy, my outfit posts just wouldn't be the same without you.  Also, Target, thank you for selling affordable clothing that comprises 96.6667% of my wardrobe.  And last but not least, thank you to all you lovely ladies for all your kind words and encouragement.

While I'm happy to be finished, I am honestly so glad to have done it.  I have always been that person who buys a piece of clothing and gets stuck in a rut of only wearing it one or two ways.  I thought for sure I'd run out of ideas for new outfits, but crazy as it is, I still have more outfits in mind that I could have made from these pieces.  This 30 for 30 remix challenged me to think outside of my box and helped me to make the most of what I already have.

To anyone contemplating doing their own 30 for 30 challenge, two words: do it.  It truly will help you develop a new perspective on your wardrobe and may even help you to save a little moolah {once you realize the endless possibilities that already lie within your closet!}.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. I love each outfit. Bravo to you pretty lady.


    follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfits, every day! I don't feel like I would have enough full outfits to do a whole 30 days.. and my clothes definitely aren't near as cute as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really encouraged me to try it! I also want to go a whole month without spending a penny on clothes. I think I'll have to wait for the 30x30 because we will be moving this month and it might be difficult to keep up with something and keep track of clothes in all the boxes.
    It did not even feel like you were wearing the same clothes again, that's pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. Right now, I'm going easy with a "30 days, no outfit repeats" challenge because I tend to stick to the same old rotation of outfits every couple of weeks.
    Next, I hope to get all advanced with something like 30 articles for 30 outfits! Kudos to you for completing it! I agree, things like this definitely help you look at your wardrobe with a whole new perspective and help you branch out with your fashion choices as well.

    Happy weekend!
    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray my beautiful friend! You did it! :) I have to say, it takes a creative mind to put together 30 chic outfits with merely 30 pieces of clothing. But truly, it takes a very creative mind to be able to pick out the best 30 pieces in the first place! It's easy to get stuck in purchase-mode of trendy clothes, but you have done well in being trendy yet classic at the same time. Love to you! :) -Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!