Friday, February 24, 2012

voodoo

 
sweater: H&M, scarf: Target, belt: vintage, jeans: thrifted, socks: JC Penney, boots: Famous Footwear
I can't believe it's already Friday!  I was so busy saving lives and taking names {more like running around in circles & trying to remember my own name} I hardly noticed the week go by.

Last weekend was fantastic.  Jon managed to take some time away from studying and we finally got to cuddle up and watch The Notebook {all thanks to my lovely friend Jenna!}.  We took a trip downtown, went for a walk, did some window shopping, and stopped to watch the boats on the river.  Enjoying some Voodoo doughnuts was also in the plan, but that dang line deters us every time.  Seriously, it is always crazy busy there, always.  The line probably ended in Vancouver for goodness sake.  So we started home empty handed.  As we were turning onto our street Sam asked, "Where we going?".  "Home", we answered.  He started to cry.  He'd been looking forward to getting doughnuts all day and then, without warning, his two year-old dreams had been ripped out from under him.  So we swung by Winco for some grocery store doughnuts instead.

All's well that ends well.


7 comments:

  1. There's a Voodoo in NE Portland off of 15th and Davis. I always go to that one, there's hardly ever a line! Cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I may just have to try that one next time!

      Delete
  2. Your outfit is so adorable! & That's great that you were able to get out and take a walk and see the Notebook :)

    I have heard SO much about voodoo doughnuts but have never been able to try them.. It is starting to sound more and more like I am missing out on some delicious doughnuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! you are far too adorable along with your blog! follow back?
    xoxo
    elsha rae.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun little adventure! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!