Tuesday, March 27, 2012

a birthday party

We threw Sam a little family birthday party on St. Paddy's day, and he couldn't have been any more excited.  He'd been telling people for weeks that "my birthday's comin' over soon!" and when they would ask how old he was going to be he'd say "three in March!".  So cute. {one grumpy afternoon he informed me that he didn't want his birthday to come over & that he wanted it to stay in March.  Okay buddy, when you find a way to make that happen, tell me first, then go get a patent}.  But now he continues to tell everyone "three in March" and its getting quite confusing for everyone involved.  Anyway, Jon and I stayed up late on Friday {after Sam was in bed} to throw up a few surprise birthday decorations.  The next morning we had him wait on the stairs before the big unveiling until we could get the cameras ready.

Clearly, the anticipation was excrutiating.


His response: "What the heck?.......... I LOVE it!"

The party started at 1:00.  The theme:  loosely associated things that Sam likes including but not limited to trucks, dinosaurs, sheriff badges, & balloons {okay, you caught onto me--there was no 'theme', per say, but that's how we roll around here}. 

He had so much fun, the only thing missing was the rest of the fam.
Papa, Mimi & gang, we miss you & wish you could have been here to celebrate with us!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! He is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like he had a great time! And that cake, so perfect!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute pictures! Cute cake! Looks like he had a GREAT birthday party :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love the frosting all over the place when he was eating his cake...even in his hair! :-)
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me some love! I'm glad you did because now I've found you too! Looks like we have little guys about the same age! My littlest turns three in June. I love all of your photos on your blog. Something I need to try more of. I'm a new fan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I love the pictures of him on the steps--that anticipation/excitement is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there!! I'm just stopping by to let you know that I've nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. I think your blog is just wonderful! I love peaking into you apartment :) You can see the post below! Hope you had an awesome day!!

    http://www.thedailydeelight.com/2012/03/versatile-blogger-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! I just found your blog, and it's so cute. (Thanks for the comment on my blog, by the way!) Your little one has such the cutest smile! My husband's name is Sam, so I might be a little biased :)

    Love from your newest follower,

    Brooke

    liningthecloudswithsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. he is precious! love the pictures...it looks like you guys had a blast. little kid birthday parties are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute !! I love his reaction :)

    Great pictures, he looks like he had an incredible time !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!