Wednesday, April 11, 2012

a birthday miracle











We did it!  We finally did it!  We made it to Voodoo Doughnuts!  A true birthday miracle {or possibly just a Tuesday afternoon, but I'm going to stick with "miracle"}.  Anyway, it was delish.  Of course we had to try their famous "Voodoo Doll" doughnut {Sam called it the "doughnut man"}, we also got the "Portland Creme" {aka Boston creme--my longtime favorite), and the "Old Dirty Bastard" {oreos on a doughnut? Genius!}.

Three doughnuts, three people, equals one doughnut per person, right?
Wrong.  Apparently it equals 2.5 doughnuts for me.
But it was my birthday, so.....

8 comments:

  1. Wow! These look amazing and you are right, Oreos on a doughnut - GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you and your family are adorable. And those donuts look killer. My little bro lives in Portland. I might have to send him to get some for me...then ship them across the country. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I have heard so many amazing things about that place!! Looks so good!! Please ship me one! lol!
    ♥ Kyna
    P.S- are you getting tired of waiting for my post yet? I am so sorry...I promise I work on it a little each day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow...never heard of it. It looks deliciously amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A short line at Voodoo?! Now that is a miracle! Happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Voodoo! How I love this place. I noticed they are on Groupon today (or maybe one of the other deal sites).

    Thanks for checking out my blog! I love finding other Portland bloggers too! I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ODB is my fave from Voodoo! Nice choice! Plus, a doughnut named after a member of the Wu-Tang Clan? Hilarious. I have read two posts and love your blog already!

    Take care,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am coming to Portland for the weekend and thank you for reminding me what is a must stop on my way out!

    Dani // andbubblegum

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!