Sunday, July 29, 2012

a new chapter


Tomorrow is the first day of my new job, my first day ever working as a nurse.  So exciting, but kind of nerve wracking at the same time.  Last night, Jon and I had an unofficial date-night-in after Sam went to bed.  We talked about this exciting chapter in our lives that we are about to begin and the new adventures & challenges it might bring.  We cracked a bottle of champagne, slow danced in the living room {Coldplay, you always know how to get us}, and found ourselves reminiscing about the first time we met & falling in love.  It's amazing to think about how each decision and choice we've made has lead us to this moment.  Life may not always be easy, but it certainly is beautiful.

And I couldn't think of any better person to have by my side.
I love you, Jon.  Here's to the beginning of a new chapter!

11 comments:

  1. So exciting! Praise God for all of the blessings and direction leading up to this point. You guys are so adorable. Looking forward to hearing about it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your first day girl! You will do amazing. Just trust your gut, you'll know what to do!

    -Amy
    http://theblankpagesblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Nurses are amazing humans and I'm sure you will be a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was beautifully written. I know you will rock your new role!! When you have such a strong support system behind you, everything else will fall into place. Congrats, and all the best on your first day!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an exciting time for you and your family! Good luck on your first day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you day goes great!! It's such an exciting time!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're such a wonderful family!!!
    So, gooood luck for your new chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing night right before your first day! I am so excited for you! You will do great at this new chapter in your life! :-)
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go :) Enjoy your new chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw sounds like a very romantic and wonderful night in! So glad you two are SO happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish you all the best and good luck in this new journey. I can realize you have a very supportive husband, and because of that you are very lucky. I am too lucky, in fact I'm grateful for having my husband who supports me in everything I do and makes my life easier.

    "Life may not always be easy, but it certainly is beautiful." - amen to that.

    www.zadinblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!