Wednesday, July 25, 2012

the best chocolate chip cookies ever made


Chocolate chip cookies + peanut butter + oatmeal = the best chocolate chip cookies ever made

These cookies are one of my go-to treats whenever I'm in charge of providing a dessert.  So easy and so stinkin' good.  Sadly, I cannot claim any of the glory as I found this recipe on allrecipes.com last fall & have not changed one single ingredient. ever. {except to maybe add a few more chocolate chips, because as has always been known since the beginning of time: the more chocolate chips, the better}.  Anyway, these cookies ALWAYS get rave reviews.  I've had people ask me what my "secret" is.  I have no secrets, just a great recipe--that is now yours.

peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
{aka the best chocolate chip cookies ever made}

ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, wheat flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Finally, mix in the oats and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 7-8 minutes in the preheated oven.  These cookies don't "look done" quite like other cookies do, so you've got to just trust the 7-8 minute time frame & take them out to cool.  
 Enjoy!!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Those look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally rock for sharing this recipe! My little family is going to be SO excited :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this look yummy!!!

    Oh and my eyes are brown when I am sad, green when I am angry (yeah very hulkish), and this yellowish color randomly. Most days it is a mix of the three.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are there no chocolate chips in the house when I need em?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These "best chocolate chip cookies ever made" look delicious.

    www.zadinblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO happy that you posted this recipe! Let me tell you folks, these really are the BEST cookies on the planet. mmmmmmmh good. Thanks Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so good! Get in my belly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, me! Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies? My mouth is watering. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I'm planning a baby shower and I was just looking for some dessert recipes! These are definitely going on the list! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look delicious! *Me want*

    ReplyDelete
  11. they must be the best because my all time favorite cookies are : choc chip peanut butter, or choc chip oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just made these... So good! I did leave them in a tad too long ;/ - but still great dipped in milk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I'm planning a baby shower and I was just looking for some dessert recipes! These are definitely going on the list! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    -------
    căn hộ giá dưới 1 tỷ hà nội

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!