Monday, September 17, 2012

lazy summer days

dress: F21, shoes: Guess, belt: vintage, watch: Target

Sunday was Sam's half birthday.  Three and half, how did you sneak up on me so fast??  I remembered two days before the "big" day and I made plans to mark his height on the door frame & make cookies to celebrate.  But then I forgot by the day of.  I am kind of forgetful.  Jon loves having to remind me of things all.the.time. I should rename him elephant man.  You know, because elephants remember everything?  I think he'd love it.  Except he forgot to remind me of Sam's half birthday, so he lost his chance.

Anyway, we spent the day of Sam's forgotten half birthday out on the lake with my family.  Such a warm sunny, beautiful summer day.  Tubing, fishing, getting awesomely tan {oh wait...}, one particular individual getting fish scales stuck on his big toe, relaxing in the warm breeze, loving every second of it.  However, it was also bittersweet because this was the last weekend before my parent's boat goes into storage for the winter.  On the way home, it struck me that this was my official last day of summer.  I know there are peeps dying for fall out there, but not me, not yet.  I do love fall, but I love my long, warm, sun-filled, lazy summer days too.

Oh well.  At least when those rainy days come, I'll still have this dress to twirl in.

8 comments:

  1. Happy forgotten half birthday Sam! I don't blame you for soaking up every bit of summer... I've been trying to do the same! Lovely dress! I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a fan of autumn, but I would be a liar if I told you I didn't like summer too. It seems to me you had a great forgotten half birthday.

    www.zadinblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the buttons down the back of that dress! You look great!

    -Amy
    http://theblankpagesblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is always so lovely! I am anxious for fall, but only because this was the hottest summer...EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfit posts are always so inspiring...I feel like I wear the same outfits over and over and over again! I gotta mix it up with fabulous dresses like this!
    Happy half birthday to Sam!!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello gorgeous lady~ love the dress and the way you styled it~

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you. So ridiculously gorgeous! And that dress is fan-freaking-tastic!! Happy half birthday to your little man! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!