Monday, October 1, 2012

a helper of sorts


We've been busy doing a little fall cleaning around here.  Jon was assigned to the downstairs, I was assigned to the upstairs.  Sam was self-assigned to pretending to be the Avengers--yes, that's correct, not just one, but all of them on a rotation.  Jon and I placed a wager that whoever finished their respective area first would win a 20 minutes back rub from the loser.  But now that I think about it, we always wager that and I don't think anybody has actually ever delivered the goods. Like ever.  I suppose it doesn't really matter though, since both of us insist we finished first.  Although, the real truth of the matter is that neither of us truly finished, but for now we'll just ignore the spots on the kitchen floor and the dirt on the staircase carpet.

While we were just about wrapping up the cleaning, I poked my head into Sam's room to see what he was up to.  I found him standing on his bed with a small stack of books, carefully lining them up along his headboard.  "What are you working on?" I asked him.  "I'm decorating my room for Christmas!".  A little premature on the Christmas decorating {although, I suppose he is a boy after his mother's own heart...}, and definitely a unique choice in decorations.  but oh my, the pride on his little face.  and the realization that this was his way of "helping" {because no house is truly clean until you line your books up on your headboard}.
Melts my heart.

6 comments:

  1. Awwww!! Melts my heart too! He's the sweetest! "decorating my room for Christmas" :) The cutest! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this :-) He truly is after his mama's own heart!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's the sweetest thing EVER! I totally remember the phase when my daughter would line things up, it was the cutest phase in the world! I miss those times:/
    I loved when she'd do it on the bathtub with her bath toys, so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh... he is SO precious!! Lucky mama :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!