Wednesday, October 3, 2012

simple dining decor

 
These burlap beauties were so easy & so cheap to make {and Jon said he liked them, which equals bonus points!} that I just had to share...

It all began with these frames that I picked up at a garage sale for a couple bucks:
I loved the fact that they were shadow boxes.  So I brought them home and hung them on my empty dining room wall.  The pictures that came in them were honestly kind of cute, but they didn't match my decor so there they sat in all their non-matching glory until I figured out what to do with them.  Finally, after two whole weeks it hit me.

I hit up the fabric store {while the boys killed some time buying junk from the dollar store a couple of doors down--because you were dying to know} for some burlap--super cheap stuff, like $2.50/yard cheap.  Then I printed off my "stencil" and grabbed a black sharpee.

The burlap is so loosely woven that I was able to see right through it and trace the words.

Then I cut 'em out to the appropriate size and placed them in the frames.

And that's it.  Told you it was simple!  So easy in fact, my three year old could do it.
Except he would probably trace pictures of Transformers instead.


5 comments:

  1. Look at you, all crafty! These are fantastic! You should let the little mister trace pictures of transformers for your wall.. you know, for when it's transformer season and you need to switch up your decor ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on those! I would never have guessed they were homemade. Looks like you have a great talent for making things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, and it seems simple enough;) Very clean, and mod--yet with the burlap it makes it Fall-ish and cozy. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute! I'm going to steel your burlap idea!! I've been needing some simple decor in our dining room :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!