Wednesday, November 7, 2012

too much excitement for one saturday morning


You'll never guess what I did the other morning at 6:30 am.  Okay, I guess I should really say what Jon did, because it kinda was actually a lot more about him than me, but I'm just so darn proud of myself.  I'm pretty sure someone somewhere is going to bestow the title of "honorary surgeon" upon me for my act of bravery.

It all started when my ringing phone awoke me from my peaceful slumber {which included three-year-old feet in my face and a miniature dachshund sprawled across my legs}.  I grabbed my phone, so confused, it's 6:23. what day is it? Saturday. what's happening? where am I? why is Jon calling me? where is Jon??  I answered, he asked me to come downstairs to the kitchen. What in the world??  I made my way downstairs, half asleep, to find Jon sitting on the kitchen floor with an odd expression on his face.  Ohmygosh, he's having a heart attack, an aortic aneurysm, a stroke, he's paralyzed... 

Then he shows me this...
{warning: graphic pics after the jump.  not that kind of graphic pics!  sheesh...}



  
PHEW!  A sigh of relief.  Just your toe!  Hallelujah!

Then we had to decide what to do with it.  After a couple texts to my dad and an ER nurse friend, we decided to pull it out at home.  And that would be where I come in--the heroin of the story.  I gathered my supplies, grabbed my pliers, placed a leather strap between Jon's teeth, and pulled.  Okay the leather strap is a lie, but woulda been totally cool.  Sans leather strap, I pulled that sucker out. 


Bam!  Done.  I suggested that we thread some sort of body jewelry through the hole.  Jon thought that might make it difficult to walk/wear shoes/do other overrated things.

So there you have it, I am the best wife ever.  Regardless of the fact that I can make a husband's accidental toe piercing all about myself and the fact that this entire process was delayed on multiple occasions so that photographic documentation could be obtained of the events as they transpired.

Don't worry though, he will thank me later--as long as he gets to keep his toe.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! How in the world?! Good job for pulling it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does that even happen? My husband put a nail through his ring finger while working in the basement with the nail gun, and I can kind of understand how it happened. But how does one pierce their toe by accident?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!!! Crazy! I love that he called you from downstairs... that's hilarious. I think he owes you a little something special for saving his little toe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job with pulling it out!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewwwww! lol! Those pictures just freaked me out hon!!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness! Your poor husband. And you are awesome for playing Dr. I hate to think what would happen if my husband needed me to do something like this. I haven't got the stomach for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word, you're like super woman. I would've probably passed out and he would've had to call 911 for the both of us...lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!!!! Crazy! I love that he called you from downstairs... that's hilarious. I think he owes you a little something special for saving his little toe :)
    ----------
    mua bán nhà dưới 1 tỷ ban

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!