Wednesday, February 6, 2013

only a mother...

coat & socks: JC Penney, leggings: Target, boots: Famous Footwear

This evening, Sam and I were reading some rad books about lego hero robots {betcha didn't even know such a thing existed.  but ohh... they do}.  We were sharing the recliner chair and with the way we were squeezed in there, my sweater pulled up a little in the back, exposing just a small portion of my lower back/side.  Extending his pointer finger, Sam pokes my right love handle.

"Is that part of your tushy?"
"No, that's part of my back."

He continues to poke at it.

"Well, it feels like a tushy..."
 No judgement, just observation.

Well golly, thank you for pointing that out because otherwise I may have just happily lived my life without ever realizing that my extra side baggage feels like my bum.  Seriously child, have you never heard of sugar coating??

7 comments:

  1. kids say the darndest things!! Well you look pretty good in those leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe!! At least you know who to go to when you need some honest fashion/body advice! He won't lie to make you feel better ;)
    BTW you look smashing in those boots with the leg warmers! Love it! But goodness, you always look so well put together and amazing.. tell me how do you do it?!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly Sam. He looks rather dapper here and I love your coat & boots! Looking forward to catching up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. out of the mouths of babes. At least he's adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, he is too funny! i like when you talk about the things he says!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your style! I have none, especially after these last two babies. Your boy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!