Tuesday, March 19, 2013

to my sweet boy


On Saturday you turned four. Four years since you came into our lives and turned our world upside down in the most amazing way.  With each passing year, my heart nearly bursts with joy just watching you grow, but at the same time, something that has surprised me since the day we brought you home, a twinge of sadness.  Sadness that each passing moment is just that, passing.  Over time, this sadness that manages to sneak it's way into the happiest of moments has slowly lessened because you see, as you've grown, I've grown too.  I've learned to accept these fleeting moments as they are, soaking them in for as long as they last, with the knowledge that more are to come.  Because you know what?  This is life, Sam.  Full of beautiful moments just waiting for their turn.

Happy birthday my sweet boy.  We love you more than words can say.

5 comments:

  1. Such adorable pictures! Happy Birthday Sam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Happy Birthday to him! The pictures are so cute and look like so much fun! I cant help but think how cool it would be for a kid to wake up to all those balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy happy day and new year of life! (P.S. A mama's love is so deep and wide:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!