Wednesday, July 24, 2013

summer lovin'


shirt: Target, shorts: Gap Factory, sunglasses: Michael Kors

This summer may just go down in history as one of my all time faves.  Nothing particularly exciting has happened, no glamorous vacations or big getaways are planned, but for some reason everything just feels right.

Maybe it's because Jon finished his second year of med school, rocked his board exam, and has already begun his third year.  I cannot even believe we have passed the halfway mark with his schooling {not counting residency... just don't bring that up yet, please.  Let me live in my bliss just a little longer...}.

Or maybe it's because I am still loving my new job {can you still call it new after almost 6 months??} and the schedule is still a dream come true for us.

Or maybe it's Sam.  Little Sam... could he be any more fun??  Four is the age.  It's a fact, my friends.  I know I've said it at every stage, but seriously it cannot get any better than this.  He is my little buddy, my partner in fun, my best little super hero and my constant jokster.  Everything is a miracle through his eyes and each day a fantastic adventure.

I think for the first time in my life, I could happily stay in this place & time forever.  Summer, I think I'm in love.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your happy! It is always nice to feel contentment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your amazing summer my friend! You all deserve it!
    xoxo
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome to be in such a wonderful place of overall contentment. Continue to soak it up and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so much wonderful words!!!
    So...you deserve all you have!
    I send you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, please send some of that warmth and sunshine this way...counting down to spring. And hope u stay in that happy place for ever and ever and ever and.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look gorgeous in that outfit!
    this makes me excited to have a little 3-4 year old boy who will have conversations with me and be my little buddy :)
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!