Monday, August 19, 2013

blackberry vanilla mojito


Due to my complete failure at growing vegetables last summer, I decided to stick with flowers and herbs this time around and I do have to say this has been a much more successful endeavor.  The hydrangeas, oh my, the hydrangeas are at the top of my list, but the mint plant is a close second.  Now it's possible that this may be partly due to the fact that my good ol' mint plant is nearly indestructible and just keeps growing despite all my best efforts to help it along, but also because it has provided us with an endless supply of one key ingredient to one of my favorite summer drinks, the mojito.  We've tried numerous variations and this is one of my favorites.

blackberry vanilla mojito

3 tsp blackberry simple syrup
1/2 fresh lime
several fresh mint leaves
2 oz. vanilla rum
1/2 cup club soda
1/4 cup sprite {I prefer diet}

To make blackberry simple syrup, start by rinsing 1 cup fresh blackberries, drain and then mix in 1 TBSP sugar.  Let stand for half and hour until syrup begins to form at bottom of bowl.

Spoon out syrup and add to highball glass, add in mint leaves, muddle.  Add ice, rum, club soda, sprite and squeeze in lime.  Stir together and serve.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture--the mojito looks so pretty! I'm sure it's delicious too!
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!