Wednesday, September 18, 2013

summer: goin' out with a bang


This summer has been so chalk full of fantastic activities, but we were sorely missing some camping trips.  So, we did the only reasonable thing there was to do:  we packed our bags, bought some marshmallows, loaded up the car and headed out to our favorite camp site.


To me, this place is one of the most beautiful places in the world.  The quiet babbling of the clearest stream you've ever seen, the sound of the breeze blowing the the trees, the fresh air, and carpets of green.  And at night, those stars.  Oh my, those stars.  It's simple serenity is breathtaking.  Now, I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure this is what heaven looks like...




I think Sam agrees :)

4 comments:

  1. Yup, im pretty sure Super Sam agrees too ;). Beautiful campsite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer def went out with a bang! Looks like a great time! Love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I am SOOOOOO completely jealous of your scenery!! We are going camping next weekend actually, to end our summer with a bang! However, down here, our choices are either the desert (pretty at times, and definitely peaceful....but no babbling brook or shady spots to be found), or the glorious (not) car camping...yes, you drive right up to your numbered site, the picnic table is on asphalt...the fire ring is luckily on the dirt, but there's concrete benches all around...sigh...just doesn't feel like being out in the open nature to me. Even the beach camping down here is like that. It's illegal to just camp anywhere on the beach. They've created these "horrible" car camping areas on the beaches where you literally pitch your tent on asphalt! Ugh!!! I so wish we had something like your camp site within a decent drive to us!!! I wouldn't even mind a car trip if it meant that at the end. But the closest we get to that is maybe a 8+ car trip away! So not do-able in a weekend!
    Sorry for the rant! lol! Just had to vent! So glad you guys got a fun trip in! Happy Wednesday!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this kind of places too!!
    I love nature, and when I'm in it, I feel really good!
    Oh!and I love the first and last photos! :)
    Have a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!