Tuesday, October 29, 2013

autumn leaves

sweater: H&M, shirt: F21, jeans: Lauren Conrad for Kohls, booties: Ross, purse: Steve Madden

See all those leaves?  Those are all in my back yard.  I love those leaves--I think it helps that I have zero responsibility when it comes to cleaning them up.  This is the one and only time of year I am grateful that we live in a town house and do not have a yard to call our own.

Thanks to the miraculous dry spell for the past couple of weeks, these leaves are actually crisp. crisp, people!  When I walk through them, rather than leaving me with that all too familiar soggy shoe full of rain water and mushy leaf bits, they instead give off that satisfying dry crunch that reminds me of the autumn days from my childhood in Nebraska.  Octobers there were made for raking leaves into those large, perfect piles only to be decimated moments later by jumping into them cannonball style.  There was no better way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon.  Until someone, without fail, would end up with an eye full of leaf dust.  But we never learned--such is life.

On this particular day though, I was oh so tempted to shuffle these leaves into a pile for Sam, most likely with a broom seeing as we don't actually own a rake, so that he too could share in this joyous fall tradition.  But then I remembered our fellow townhouse dwellers' affinity for dogs and their lack of affinity for picking up dog poo, present company included, and thought better of it.


7 comments:

  1. Wouldn't I just love to throw myself at on a pile of leaves right now. Boo to the folks that don't scoop their poop. Love the outfit. I'm always in a different season, so time to go back to some of your summer posts for some inspiration :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you for following my blog. You made me really happy!!!

    Everything in this photo is perfect for fall. I love your outfit, especially the jeans, sweater and bag. The background of the crisp falling leaves also made up for everything. I live in a country that only experiences two seasons. In my case, it's always almost summer here. Hence, we don't have a chance to wear those layered clothes and boots.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your jeans and those booties!!
    We were letting Nolan play in the leaves, until Steve saw a giant spider and whisked Nolan away. haha.
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! You are the epitome of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look, love fall, and I love Lazy Sunday's.

    Much Love,
    Amy K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine, I really like a lot your look!!
    You're amazing!
    I love all the leaves around you!That means fall!
    Have a happy day, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello I'am Chris From France!!
    This is not a "spam"
    You Have A Wonderful Blog Which I Consider To Be Registered In International Blog Dictionary. You Will Represent Your Country
    Please Visit The Following Link And Comment Your Blog Name
    Blog Url
    Location Of Your Country Operating In Comment Session Which Will Be Added In Your Country List
    On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
    Happy Blogging
    ****************
    You can forward this invitation to your friends

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!