Sunday, March 30, 2014

and the boy is five


And just like that, in the blink of an eye, my baby boy turned five.

Also, I'm not allowed to call him my baby anymore.

And he doesn't need my cake decorating services any longer either.  Aside from applying the icing & slicing the strawberries {per his request, I might add}, Sam insisted he could do the rest, and indeed he did.  Honestly, I'm pretty certain he has more skill at the age of 5 than I do with a couple of decades of practice under my belt.

Gosh, I love that boy.  and his growing independence.  and his love for all things super hero.  and his dreams to be just like daddy one day--or batman, batman would do too.

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Sam!

    That cake looks great! He def. has some skills in the decorating department!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday handsome boy!!! Hope it was fabulous!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pic. Hope everyone enjoyed a happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute cake :) Happy 5th birthday to your not-so-little boy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!