Wednesday, May 28, 2014

the progression of brotherly love & a few images from last month

It seems that I may have taken an unintentional month long hiatus from this ol' blog.   No worries, baby and I are healthy and growing bigger by the day {yes, both of us...}.  I think part of the absence may have been due to the fact that life has been a little off around here the past couple of months.  Jon's been MIA due to a particularly demanding rotation {i.e. 12+ hour days 6 days a week, poor fella'} while I've simultaneously been going through the exhaustion phase of the third trimester.  Seriously, if there were a nap taking competition, I'm pretty sure I would take the gold.  But now with only about 6 weeks left 'til D-day, I can feel my energy beginning to come back along with the realization that I only have 6 weeks to finish getting ready for this babe's arrival.  Oh my, so much to do!

Sam's been doing his own emotional preparations for baby sister's arrival as well.  Up through a week ago, I was feeling a bit worried about how he has been internalizing the way his life will change, but just within the past several days, it seems that he may finally be turning the corner.

1 month ago:  As I was changing my shirt, he looked at my belly and informed me, "I liked you better when you weren't so puffy."

3 weeks ago:  During night prayers, he put in a special request to the Big Man that baby come out a boy.

2 weeks ago:  He proposed this offer to a friend of ours who recently had a baby boy, "Can we borrow your baby? Because then we could have your baby and you could have our baby."

1 week ago:  "Well, one thing baby sister is good for is that she can be Catwoman for Halloween and I'll be Batman."

4 days ago:  "Why does everyone think Queen Frostine {from Candyland} is so beautiful?  I think baby sister is beautiful."


2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine!
    Thank you soooo much for your post!
    Sam is so cute with her sister! I like when he said "Well, one thing baby sister is good for is that she can be Catwoman for Halloween and I'll be Batman"!!
    I'm happy everything is going well with baby girl!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine! As always you never fail to post heart warming photos and priceless stories. You are looking more beautiful each post. Enjoy the journey :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!