Tuesday, September 22, 2015

the things that keep you going


Can I just tell you guys how much I love this picture?

And geez, I love that guy.

He wakes up at 4:30 each morning and leaves for the hospital long before any of the rest of us even think about stirring. He spends fourteen long hours there before he comes home.  And does this six days a week.  Week in and week out.  Month in and month out.

Residency, oof.

The man must be utterly exhausted.  I would be.  To the depths of my soul, I would be.

But every evening, he walks through the door to be greeted by two tiny voices yelling "Daddy! Daddeee!" and a pup that would yell too, if only she could.  And he greets them each with hugs and cuddles and excited smiles.  After dinner, he lays on the playroom floor to become the human jungle gym.  And the house fills with laughter.  He reads books, plays legos and cuddles baby dolls.  He hauls kids to bed, tucks them in and reads a bedtime story, often falling asleep himself in the process.  But even when I offer to do the bedtime routine, he declines, because his time with them is already too short he says.  And it's true.

And before he knows it, the cycle starts again with the buzzing of his alarm at 4:30 in the dark of the morning.  How he does it, I truly don't know.  But he's like our very own super hero.  Our scrub wearing, coffee guzzling, totally exhausted super hero.  His super power, you ask:  loving his family.


3 comments:

  1. Awww I love this. What a guy you have. PS I love that picture too! Because it's precious and ALSO because your home is so beautiful. Every time you post a picture with snippets of your living space I'm just over here drooling! You should do a home tour on here one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I would love to do a house tour one day.... When I FINALLY get around to updating the rest of it ;)

      Delete
  2. Hello, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!Property For Rent In Discovery gardens

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear from you!